Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Orostachys Iwarenge (Chinese Dunce Cap) has bloomed


My Chinese Dunce Cap succulents had bloomed! To my surprise they weren't that pretty. Since the succulent itself is beautiful I thought the flowers would look pretty nice too...I was wrong. I actually didn't even know it flowered until I looked at it closely one day.

The flowers are tiny and white.


 
Also my plant was infested with these tiny black greyish bugs. I'm not sure if you can see them in these pictures. When I purchase these Chinese Dunce Caps I noticed a couple of them but had gotten rid of them with a water and gentle soap. Now these bugs are all reappearing again. I tried the soap solution again but it's not working. Is the solution not strong enough? Any suggestion what else I can use to get rid of these pest? Or tell me what kind of pest they are? I did hose it down and most of them got flushed off but not all of them. Ugh! I hate insects!

No comments:

Post a Comment