Thursday, September 13, 2012

Orostachys Iwarenge - Chinese Dunce Cap


I brought these succulent at my local nursery this summer. I feel in love with the small blue grey rosettes. I planted this succulent in one of my hypertufa container that I've made. It worked well in the container.



 
Early August I've noticed the middle of the roseletts started to grow outward.

 
These pictures below were taken today. After doing some research I found out this succulent is starting to flower. I believe they will start to turn into pinkish conical spires. These spires can reach up to 6 inches tall. And the flowers will be pink and white. The sad part is that after flowering the plant will die. How upsetting. Hopefully it will self-sow so I will continue to have these beautiful flowers again next year.

 
Anyone else have these succulents?  Do they really come back from seeds the following year?  Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment