Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Getting Ready for the Holidays with Poinsettia and Christmas Cactus


I was at a Home Depot this weekend for a Kid's Workshop. For those who don't know about this kid’s workshop and have kids please see below. My daughter loves these workshops and we look forward in going every month.

From the Home Depot Website (http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/ContentView?pn=HT_WS_KidsWorkshops):

• FREE hands-on workshops designed for children ages 5 - 12 offered the 1st Saturday of
every month at all The Home Depot stores between 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Workshops teach children do-it-yourself skills, tool safety and instill a sense of pride
and accomplishment.
• All kids get to keep their craft and receive a FREE Kids Workshop Apron,commemorative
pin and certificate of achievement.


Check out my other blog on what kind of projectsthese kids are making at these workshops: http://www.babyatplay.com/2012/09/06/free-kids-workshops-to-learn-create-craft-at-the-home-depot/

Home Depot is pretty sneaky...by offering these FREE workshops; it's a way to lure you in to buy things. Once I walked past the Christmas garden section I couldn't help myself but to purchase two plants. I brought a small red poinsettias and a pink Christmas cactus. They cost me under $3 for each. They are just so cute. Love them.

So any special care for any of these plants? Letme know!

No comments:

Post a Comment