Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Disco Belle Mix Hibiscus

Went to Wilson Farms in Lexington, MA for the first time last weekend.  Turns out it was corn feast that weekend.  There were so many corn there.  It was so freah and so sweet.  I believe it was around 4 or many 5 dollars a dozen.  Of course I had to get a dozen.
The main reason why I was there that weekend was to use up my Groupon.  At first I thought this was a nursery.  I spent $15 dollars for a $30 certificate.  I was really hoping to add more plants to my garden.  I ended only getting two.  I got a Disco Belle Mix Hubiscus.  I always wanted a Hubiscus.  And another annual plant.  I'll talk about that plant some other time.
Look at how pretty the flowers are. They are so big and round.
These flowers grow all summer long. Since this is a mix I should be getting three different colors in one. Which is great because at the time I was having a hard time deciding which color to get? These are pest-free and I was told was easy to grow in full sun and moisture rich soil. It offers nonstop flowers even during the heat wave! Yah!
Some facts about this Disco Belle Mix Hibiscus:

  • hardy perennial in zones 5-10
  • blooms early summer - early fall
  • bloom colors are mix, pink, red, rose, white
  • light requirement is full sun
  •  needs to be moist and well drained
  • they are heat tolerant, pest resistant and performs good in humidity
So what's not to like about this plant right?  I will take more pictures and share with you all once I get this Hibiscus planted.

(Updated 8/15/12 pictures)



No comments:

Post a Comment