Monday, August 6, 2012

My Morning Glory Flowers

One of my sisters threw some morning glory seeds around the front of my house this summer. It's been growing pretty fast but at the same time it's been getting eaten pretty fast too. Now that summer is winding down, whoever been eating my plants, hasn't been returning as much. Now I can actually enjoy the flowers.

(Picture above) At first I couldn't figure out what's been eating my plants. Some said it might be insects. But can insects eat so much at a time and also make such precise cuts? I've been seeing lots of rabbits and chipmunks around. I think it might be animals eating my plants.


(Picture above) Poor plants. Bottom of my plant gets chopped off so the rest of the plant up dies with it. It took so long for it to climb up that pole too. I was really looking forward in seeing the plant bloom. Oh well...


(Picture above)  See...something is munching on my plants.


(Picture above) Finally...some made it through the feast the animals were having. So pretty! The colors of the flowers look purpler in person. I'm not sure why the camera turns it blue.

(Picture above) See how fast they grow back? They grow like weeds! Some people do consider these plants as weeds.



(Picture above) This little one never had the luck in having flowers. This one was planted away the fence so maybe that gives the animals easier access.



(Pictures above) The flowers are getting ready to bloom. I just love how they look. For those who are not familiar with Morning Glories, they unravel into full bloom early in the morning. And they start to die or fade in the afternoon. They will start to curl back. Each bud or flower blooms once.
(Picture above) Again, more munching. Anyone out there knows how to prevent animals from chewing up your garden? Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment