Sunday, August 12, 2012

My First Ever Echeveria

This is my first succulent, first Echeveria ever.

Most of you already know that succulents are drought-resistant plants. And because of this they are the prefect plants for me. I'm the type of person who forgets to water my plants every now and then.

I believe I purchased this Echeveria at a Home Depot. I had this for over a year. I keep it in a small pot. At first I left it indoor with a bright facing window but this year I decided to take it out to give it a little bit more light.

I fell in love with the color and shape of the plant. It's a silverish blue with pink edges. It's just beautiful.




Even though I had left this plant outside I noticed that it's been growing taller and leaves blow are getting soft and some drying up.  I'm not sure of the reason.  Is it because of the rain we've been having lately?  I started pulling out the dead leaves and for the first time I noticed little offsets.  I'm soo excited. 


These below have been taken today. You can see the offsets are a little bigger now. It's the little green leafs on the soil next to the trunk of the plant. There are a total of two offsets.
 


My Echeveria hasn't flowered yet but I'm happy that at least it's giving me some offsets this year.
I haven't done much research yet but when can people separate of offsets form the mother? Or should I just keep the offset in tacked and just repot the plant in a bigger pot? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment